52 Websites to Promote Your Next Event
You got the venue. You got the special guest speaker. You arranged all the food and beverage.
So you are all ready for your next event? Not exactly… You need people! You need audience!
All your friends promise you they will be there, but you want more. You want new faces and you have no idea how to get the words out.
Here is a list of 50 websites you can list & promote your next event: (BTW – I listed free listing websites by their Alexa Ranking)
2. Google Base – Google Beta Event Listing
3. MySpace.com – I don’t really like myspace, but still you should know they have event posting capability.
4. Facebook – Post your event then invite your groups or friends
5. Friendster – Use the “Post Bulletin” function to announce your event
7. LinkedIn.com – Use “Answer” to ask the right question and invite people.
8. Technorati Kitchen – I have to be honest. I have just discovered this myself and not exactly sure how it work, but Technorati has TONS of traffic, we should go and figure it out.
9. Evite – Check out their new feature sending your event info to your phone.
10.Metromix – Entertainment Events only.
11. Active.com – Sport & Active Event only.
12. Eventful.com – I love their slogon “Life is Short … make it Eventful!”
13. Kijiji.com – Free Local Classifieds Ad
14. Going.com – Event listing for cities including NYC, Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles and my hometown – San Francisco.
15. PRLeap.com – Free PR Service.
16. Eventbrite.com – Free time sign up is free. I used them a few time. They are great!
18. TechSoup –For Non Profit Only. Follow instruction to join Upcoming.Org.
19.Local Wine Events.com – Wine Event Only.
20. Involver.com – Getting people involved.
21. Network for Good – For Non Profit Event Only.
22. PRFree.com – Free Press Release Distribution & Writing Services.
23. Event Setter
24. EventBee – I like their network ticket selling concept. Sell tickets through other websites & blogs.
25. Oriented.com – Asian Event Listing for cities including NYC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Toronto, Vancouver, Portland, Beijing, Hong Kong, Macau, Shanghai, Singapore and Taipei.
26. TechVenue.com – Technology Event Listing
27. Events.Org – Free
You can pay to get the word out…
28. Google Adwords – You can even do Audio Ads now. Wow..
29. MeetUp.com – Target audience to your specific event. I love meetup. Check out my two entrepreneur groups in San Francisco.
30. PRWeb – Presss release newswire
31. PRNewswire –Paid PR Services – The Traditional Channel for press release
32. Daily Candy.com – Paid Ad or Article on Daily Candy
31. MyPRGenie – New Beta Program for Public Relation Online.
32. Ripple Ad Center – Advertise your company or event on any screen in their media network for the following cities: Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Spokane, Tacoma, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio. You will find their screen in businesses such as Tully, Juffy Lube and Jack in the Box etc.
Do you have a Green Event?
33. SpaceShare.com – Green Event Only. Contact them.
Are you from the Bay Area?
34. The Chronicle News – Free listing, but you have to email them the details. No online form.
35. Mercury News Events – Free Listing for Silicon Valley
36. InfoBayArea – Paid ad for Bay Area Events
37. San Francisco – Johnny only accept free and fun event posting
38. LocalOutings.com – Still in Beta version for San Francisco & LA Area only.
If you are not from the Bay Area…
39.New York Event – TimeOut New York. Free.
40. Seattle Times Events – Free
41. Chicago Tribute – Paid Ad
42. South Florida Sun – Paid Ad
43. Baltimore Sun – Paid Ad
44. Virigina Events – Free
45. Access Atlanta - Free
46. Los Angeles Times – Calendarlive.com Free.
47.Salt Lake City City Weekly - Free
48. Portland Live PDX – Free
49. Boston Calendar - Free
50. Discover San Diego.com – Free
51. Upcoming Events.com (Philadelphia) – Free
52. Denver Post – Free
Just for Fun
(Don’t Even) Think About This
6 Responses to “52 Websites to Promote Your Next Event”
Leave a Reply
Join Our Mailing List
San Francisco, September 13, 2011. Find out more…
San Francisco, November 10, 2011
San Francisco, March 22, 2012
What is BizTechDay?
Meet Our Producers